- Ugu (pumpkin) vegetables
- Water leaf
- Okporoko (Stock Fish)
- Palm oil
- Fresh meat
- Dried Fish
- Kanda a.k. a Kpomo (Cow skin)
- Soup seasonings…
- Boil your meat and okporoko in a pot with meat seasonings like thyme, onions, etc
- When the meat and okporoko becomes well cooked, pour some palm oil into the pot of boiling meat, and allow to steam for a while.
- Add your grounded crayfish, pepper,, and okpeyin.
- Add the sliced kanda to the pot, and allow to boil for sometime.
- Then, taste for salt and other seasonings.
- Lastly, add your washed and sliced fresh ugu leaves into the boiling pot of meat; stir properly, allow to steam for one minute before bring down the pot of ugu soup ready for serving.
Enjoy… Igbo soups are so simple to prepare!!